Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Right Attitude on Tithing - CNY


Is CNY again. This is a period of Blessings... all unmarried will get AngBaos.. Lots of Angbaos... i remember last time i would get at least 130 dollars worth of Angbao money.

Of course as a christian, I was taught to always give God 10% of my increase. As a Christian for 10 yrs. I have not had any problem in the area of Tithing. I also do it the right way, The right amount and at the right time.

Sadly not all Christian does it the correct way. They either give with the wrong attitude, Wrong amount, or wrong timing(Late). Which, i really wonder why. So what exactly is the correct attitude in giving our monthly Tithe? I had been thinking about it for a long long time. Only until recently, i happen to think of a near perfect illustration to illustrate in the different Attitudes in giving our monthly Tithe.

I am a Property Agent. So lets do it the Agent way...

As an practising agent. Every deal we closed, we have to give a certain percentage of our commission to the agency. Right now i am giving 10% to my agency. Which i am very reluntant to do so.Why do i have to give my agency 10% of my commission?! It is not as if they help me? The Fact is they didnt even guide me. Whatever Job done is by my own strength, own effort, own time, own blood and sweat!


Isn't that the thinking of a lot of Christian? I earn my money with my own strength, my own sweat and Blood. Why do i need to pay the 'AGENCY' Money. Why do God says that my 10% is his and if i dont give to Him, I am stealing... HAhahaa after in the property line i sudddenly feel i can relate to most christian who refuse to give their tithe to God.

But i realise soon after there is another type of 10% we need to give out of our commission. Thats is call Referral Fee.

In property line, there is something call the referral fee. Meaning when ever someone refer a client to me, once i manage to close that deal, 10% my commission is due to him. This 10% is the same amount to give to the agency. But this 10%, i totally give willing. There are a few reasons why...

1) Without this person who refer the client to me, i will not have gotten the commission.

2) Even though i gave 10%, i know this 10% will encourage the person to come back to me whenever he has other contacts whom he can refer to.

3) The more prompt i give the 10% referral fee, the more willing he is to refer client to me.

Wooohooo, isn't that the attitude we should have in give God our Tithe?

1a) Without God who refer this job to me, i will not have gotten this monthly salary/ Sales

1b) This 10% i gave to God will encourage God to bless me even more

1c) Tithing should be our first fruits. If we put him first, We will be the first one God thought of to refer more 'deals' to us.

What Kind of Attitude do you have in giving your tithe esp after this CNY season?
10% to your AGENCY or 10% as a Referral?

No comments:

Post a Comment